Udayan K. Shah, MD
A third generation physician, Dr. Shah was born and raised in America. He completed his medical school at the University of Michigan and Internal Medicine residency at UT Southwestern Medical Center. Highly qualified, he returns to the Central Valley where his family now lives to provide much-needed highly skilled internal medicine services. He aims to restore dignity and compassion to the patient-physician relationship.
- Bachelor of Science with Highest Distinction, Biomedical Engineering, University of Virginia
- Medical Doctor, University of Michigan
- Internship - University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Residency - University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Presentations and Abstracts
- Shah KK, Shah UK, Hamidjaja L, Pruett T. Analysis of SOCS3 Levels for Predicting Response to Hepatitis C Therapy. Liver. The American Journal of Gastroenterology 2008;103:S135-S136.
- Shah UK, Shah KK. Unusually Young Hispanic Patients Needing Cholecystectomy in Fresno, CA. 2008 UCSF Health Disparities Research Symposium.
- Shah UK, Greer M. Cavitation and Confusion: A Puzzling Presentation of Granulomatous Disease. 2015 Texas ACP.
- Shah UK, Dimura C, Agrawal D. When documentation supersedes patient communication: An example from an endoscopy unit. JAMA Intern Med. 2015;175(6):884-5.
- Shah U, Gupta A, Cooper M. Implementation of a web-based provider care team system at the VA North Texas Health Care System. Journal of Medical Practice. 2017;32(4):276-279.
- Gupta A, Shah U, Khine H, Vandergriff T, Froehlich T. Antiphospholipid syndrome associated with combined immune checkpoint inhibitor therapy. Melanoma Res. 2017;27(2):171-173.